Saturday 22 November 2014

A Co-Worker's childhood memories

In this week’s blog I did an audio of a co-workers fondest childhood memories. As hers were the times she spent with her grandmother over the July and August holidays. My colleague smiled as she told her childhood memories as for some getting licks was not one of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWFOliK5qpE&feature=youtu.be

While she spoke she mentioned her favourite teacher as a child growing and it had me to thinking. Who was my favourite teacher and why? Was it because I could have my way with the teacher or the teacher didn’t beat or was it because they gave nice tokens? Probably they were just laid back. I wonder what defines your favourite teacher. What I can recall, all my primary school teacher did beat at some point in time as no one was spared. To say who was my favourite teacher or teachers and why I really can’t say now. Back then I had a few well apart from the fact that we go along well with each other, though that never stop them from writing a bad report if they had too.

As she continued to walk down memory lane, I asked her what her favourite food was growing up that her mother use to cook. As she spoke of her favourite childhood food you could hear the excitement in her voice as she reflects. Mine is similar to hers as I wasn’t much of a meat mouth going up. Interestingly enough I can recall seeing myself sucking on a cow heel bone from a Saturday morning soup. If that was the case I don’t see why I use to be threatened to get licks for not eating the chicken. As to what I can recollect, I was a picky eater when it came to meats but loved a fish except for the “fry meh dry”. I could have never figure out how to eat it but I loved the smell of it. The two top fish I was familiar with growing up was King Fish and Carite which is known today as Mr. King Fish and Mr. Carite. The sweet aroma of the fish dipped in batter as it touches the oil and the illuming fragrance hits your nostrils of well seasoned fish is frying. Oh my word! Yum yum! Can you taste it now?
 

What’s your favourite childhood food?

No comments:

Post a Comment