Saturday 1 November 2014

I Miss You

Hi,

Memories made, moments missed, the yearly reminder is a here again as we sit by your grave side and reminisce. A tradition that I always love is fading away, as the young gets older and the mature grows wiser. Fallen from our worlds but not from our hearts, as parts of me will always remember the things I would miss. The times in the rocking chair both good and bad, the stories told as the slaps passed year after year. Swinging in the hammock under the house while the morning smell of the pigs’ pen passed, we smile and laugh about now but I can only wish you were here with me to reminisce.

Sadly, you are not here as I remember the weird gifts, so many years have gone I still don’t seem to get them as my mind goes adrift. Lost in a trance, wondering how my life would be if you were still here, as I imagine a little pinch here and there with a scolding for not doing what you showed us. I smile as my eyes may water a little as I can still hear your voice yelling at my sister as she forget to make your timely dinner or made it wrongly.

The little things you taught me while I walked on your back and the buffs’ I got for doing it wrongly. I listened so closely to the stories you were willing to share the moment I would always cherished. Some you shared and for the others I dear not asked but kept my ears wide open and hope to here it over a gossip as I passed. Not to obvious that you may know because it was whatever you found was coming around the corner. For those who know the stories no longer talk even when I ask but only if we do something to trigger their memory spark.

As I reflect on those in my form who as passed, I also take this time to remember all my pets that have passed. My first dog, Snuffy, with his caramel brown fur and white under coat, ever so strong and loyal as he guided me through phases of his life and trials. Tearing up through the neighbours yard just to be the first to succeed in the mating season triumph. I believe in his world they were keeping score because as the females always allowed him with his Casanova demeanor. Interestingly enough he rarely bought that drama of his life home. The fights and the  baby mama drama, he always painted a good picture, it was only when we heard the neighbours enquiring whose the owner then we started putting two and two together.   And to think not before long he adopted a young apprentice it hand it all over too. There were several after them that I also miss but not could ever replace my first loves as the bites they shared shall not be missed.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/avi7/sets/


What’s yours?

1 comment:

  1. my first pet was a parrot his name was fanny. He flew away and I cried for weeks lol never wanted a next pet after that because i was soo afraid of loosing them again.

    ReplyDelete