Wednesday 12 November 2014

Grad/Marina Grad Memories

For those who don’t know, graduation is in the air with all the stressing and fussing for some it’s a grand fair. It seems despite the amount we go through the nail biting is always still there.  The preparation, planning and execution, are definitely a lot of work as I somewhat feel sorry for the grads, poor graduates.

The things I had to go through for my primary school graduation. The million and one songs, the recitals, it was never ending. There was Poor Ole Joe, Somebody bigger than you and I, and I believe a Michael Jackson plus a perfect recital of Psalms 24 and this is what I can remember. One would think it was our day and we should be the ones being entertained but their concept was to suck the best out of us since we were leaving.


The thought of knowing that we finally have gotten over that hurdle should be a relief but it rarely ever seems so. Interestingly enough we are the ones which are  normally still under the stress even on that day.

 As were journeyed into the next phase of our lives, some years later you are at it again. This time around I believe we did not do as much as we did in primary school. Though I can vaguely recall but there were times when we allowed to sit back, relax and enjoy the entertainment. To my recollection for that year our theme song was Graduation (friends forever) by Vitamin C, as other songs were sang to us by the various other forms.
Looking back now I would say that my secondary school graduation was far more less stressful than my primary school graduation.  Obviously I did not escape from actually performing for this graduation, as this time around a hand full of us had to do two rendition s of Bob Marley on our national instrument, Three little birds and One love. I must say good old nail biting times as you are praying in your head not to mess it up and if you did hoped no one notice.


 What’s yours?

Marina Rivas Grad Memories


I remembered my preschool graduation which was my first ever as recalled crying because I wanted my grandfather with me on that special day.  My next grad was my primary school, where I was the most all rounded student. I used to help a lot whether it was cleaning the yard or helping the teacher write notes on the board. I use to help students who could not read or write and they learn when I tutor during lunch break and recess. Today I am still that helpful person. My parents always innate in us that being there for each other is important. I remembered being in the choir in high school until form five. I was the only student who stayed in the choir. I really love music and it helps me.

No comments:

Post a Comment